Monday, June 11, 2007

Some blog business

First of all, my friend David Morrison is back to daily blogging, no doubt jealous of my expanding readership. Last time I met him, I teased him about his losing so much weight. "There's so much less of you to love," I complained.

As long as he stays away from discussions of The Document, we'll be just fine. Oh ... and neither of us was at Washington's annual Celebration of Sodomy Gay Pride Parade. At least I know *I* wasn't.
------------------------------
Second, one of my Courage brothers read my recent posts about Tammy Faye Messner, whom he as a North Carolina native likes as much as I do. He sent me this link to an interview she gave Entertainment Tonight (there's more of it here).
"When they said there's nothing more we can do, for just about a minute I felt sorry for myself, had my little pity party. Then I said, 'I've got somebody bigger than the doctors, I know the Lord, Jesus Christ, and he can do something for it.' He's the only one that can, and so I just trust Him every day."
It'll be a sad day on Earth when she dies and a happy one in Heaven when she fully sees the Lord she loves at last.

No comments: