Thursday, April 05, 2007

News updates

See if you can follow this transcript on a hearing before the Connecticut legislature and conclude anything other than that the gay "marriage" pushers don't have a clue about what an argument is or how to listen. My favorite exchange was:
Lawlor: So labeling people as intrinsically evil and objectively disordered is a respectful thing in your view?
Brown: Well, first of all the Church doesn't label people as that. It talks about acts, what the Church doesn't agree with that's a very different thing. So that's a mischaracterization of what the Catholic Church teaches.
Lawlor: Okay, so I'll clarify my statement… so you believe that people who love people of the same sex are intrinsically evil and objectively disordered. Is that what you feel?
Brown: Of course I don't. I'm not saying people or individuals, I'm not saying anything like that...
Then another twit tries to make a religious reverse-litmus test. And these are the individuals deliberating on marriage law?


Black-Eyed Peas singer Fergie admits here to having had a string of lesbian experiences as a teen or young adult, simply as a form of adolescent rebellion. What interested me wasn't the "strict Catholic" narrative (yawn ... been there ... done that) but that she says quite upfront that lesbian sex was in the past and was not motivated by "who I am" but was a choice for reasons not different from the reasons others shave their head or drive their cars too fast or date outside their race/ethnicity. Fergie is saying what we all know when we think about it outside the toe-the-line orthodoxy of the Gay Thought Police -- namely that there are elements of choice in sexual behavior and that sexual "orientation" is not determined-for-life and is subject to change.


On the gay-tolerance front, Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco of Genoa criticized a proposed gay civil-unions bill in Italy, saying that recognition of sexual unions must make some reference to moral standards external to the unions other than mere consent or libertinism. Since then, the cathedral is defaced and the cardinal is now under 24-7 police guard. No thanks undoubtedly to inaccurate reports like this one in 365Gay.com (it states as a fact that Archbishop Bagnasco "link[ed] homosexuality with incest") which is not exactly what he said. It's a good thing homosexuals are expanding the bounds of tolerance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great. I am so glad I found it. COnservative Republican Catholic that deals with same Sex attraction.

It is nice to find this place. It seems that I can't talk to hardly straight people about this because if I do they assume I am Gay. The Gay community is worse. I find it strange that even thought I battle this that I am sexaully attracted to women even more but everyone thinks I am lying lol.

I look forward to your watching your blog

jim
Louisiana